This week, Mississippians will head to the polls to cast their vote for yet another election. Local reps. State officers. Amendments to the state constitution. Prop 26. Prop 27. (Equivocal nonsense) One of the races that has most of my attention: the governor's seat. For the first time in history, Mississippi will have a Southern Miss alum to lead the state as chief executive. Either way the votes fall, the leader of the state will have graduated from
SMTTT! The course of history changes forever on Tuesday. This is big news. And it's been a long time coming.
I have not ever publicly endorsed a candidate. I don't know if I ever will. Unless I'm running myself. (#Nixon2036. Duh.) But it is very rewarding to know that a Golden Eagle will be in charge and putting boots to asses.
Remember to vote, my Mississippi followers. I actually missed the absentee deadline. But I live in Louisiana - that's the excuse I'm telling myself..
No comments:
Post a Comment