Thursday, November 10, 2011

Game Over, JoePa.

Tonight in class, we discussed the recent Penn State legal issues regarding (most heavily) theirformer football coach, Joe Paterno. There are quite a few sport fanatics in our program, so our entire class discussion was based around the Penn State frenzy and its impact on student affairs, of course. Through this discussion, we were able to weigh in and give our opinions and feelings towards the matter, but also engage in discourse about how this serious matter changes the climate and culture at a university. Good stuff.

Today is also my roommate's birthday. (Happy Birthday, @Branigan) We're hoping to go out and do something tomorrow night to celebrate. I hardly ever go out anymore, so it should be fun. She and her friends constantly ask me to go and usually I'm too tired to move. But ole grandpa will be out on the town this Friday pm. And apparently the downtown area is really cool and low key - my kind of fun.

This weekend is also Homecoming and Parent & Family weekend at LSU. A whole division of our office is committed to parent and family programs and will host the events the next few days so I will spend some time tomorrow and Saturday working with that. I'm really excited to see how these events from a fresh perspective. There are a lot of families signed up, so it should be a wonderful time.

Oh, I also found this picture today. Last year, as part of my duties of being @kcsmttt's best friend/bitch in SGA, I was pressured into dressing up as Santa for students in the graduate & family housing complex at Southern Miss. I figured it was appropriate as we approach the holiday season. Look for it as a prof pic soon.


Santa Kyle

I'm off to get free Froyo right now. (Yes, @Schott. FREE) We received coupons in the mail today for a place down the street.

1 comment:

  1. How have I never seen this picture? I just LOL'ed in night class. To the top, Father Christmas.

    ReplyDelete