Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11.02.2011

Stole this from a friend's FB status: Today is 11.02.2011. The date backwards is 11.02.2011. The next (8 digit) one to occur will be 02.02.2020, I believe. May have to have @CPorter to confirm that. Gotta love a palindrome.

I have been in New Orleans since Sunday for an orientation conference. It was such a wonderful time - I love conferences! This one was especially beneficial because I was able to share some of our best experiences and practices with other schools who need guidance, while also gaining knowledge on how to refine the orientation process at my institution(s).

I was also able to catch up with lots of friends! Some who attended the conference and some who live in New Orleans. (Oh, and some from other schools that I haven't seen since SROW '09. Yes, I stalked them.) It was also great to do something with the LSU staff that was outside of our normal weekly routine. I have never laughed so much in my life. I am constantly surrounded by great people as I (attempt to) do what I love. That's rare, friends.

@LBrumfield and @Clemmons are coming tomorrow to meet with our program director for HESA and attend our Intro to Student Affairs lecture! I am always excited to host people and have visitors in town. I have cleaned the apartment, purchased unhealthy snacks, and sent them an obnoxiously long, but efficient email about arrival details as I will be in a meeting when they get here.

Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment