Not a better title to describe this Thursday afternoon. It has been a magnificently rewarding and productive week, but I am exhausted. Work kicked into high gear and I have been e-mailing and attending meetings like a champ. But it's all fun stuff. Yesterday, our office hosted a 2 part debriefing workshop for the summer orientation sessions; one for academics and the other for non-academics. I always love to compare the two - completely different breeds of people in each. Needless to say, I am glad I chose the non-academic side for my career.
We also had the first round of Ambassador selections on Sunday. It was so neat to see how the system works here with so many people. Everything ran smoothly and we are gearing up for the next selection event!
This week, I received (notice received, not purchased) my first Tumbler cup. They are the overpriced ones that you see at Starbucks [see here] but only wish you had the money/desire to waste that much money on one. During selection, one of the Ambassadors had one with the Orientation office logo on it. I immediately hinted to my boss that I've always wanted one and I had a surprise waiting on my desk Tuesday morning - a nice LSU addition to my colletion of things. Been using it ever since.
For now - a meeting, class and then another meeting.
PS: I've never listened to the 80's tune, Working for the Weekend in its entirety. Should probably do that before I use it as a post title. However, I do remember @Dudley jamming out to it in FYE at Southern Miss back in the day. Damn Ronnie, you're old.
I like this new layout!
ReplyDelete