Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update from the Bayou.

I've spent all day on the couch watching football. Unreal. As covered in my very first post, I promised to talk about sports. First up: the Ole Miss - Vandy game. Actually, I'm not gonna even talk about it. Just read this article. Hotty Toddy my ass. Also, I shared with my cohort and some friends, who all made fun of me, that an unrealistic dream job that I've always had was to be a college or professional football coach. Mainly to look official with a headset and a visor. One problem: I don't know sports. That conversation led to an embarrassingly painful confession (partially induced by margaritas, too.) to friends that I didn't know if my shins were in the front or back of my leg. Won't ever live that one down.

Yesterday, I did a little shopping, cleaning and reorganizing my room. There is nothing better than a clean home - I always feel so accomplished. I've also been a cooking champ this weekend. I grilled steaks last night and made chicken spaghetti today!

I have plenty of homework to be doing. Annotating articles, reading chapters, writing proposals. All kinds of stuff. I'll be spending my Saturday evening in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment