After reading from my Daily Book of Positive Quotations this afternoon, a gift from my SS Secret Buddy @KKnaus, I decided that I had to share this:
"I celebrate myself, and sing myself." - Walt Whitman
Let's try saying something as simple and powerful as "I celebrate myself." It's a bit unusual, perhaps even embarrassing, isn't it? Sounds kind of egotistical. When others celebrate us, it feels pretty good, but to celebrate ourselves...?
Children enjoy celebrating themselves. When a baby first finds her own toes, she is completely delighted. When a toddler realizes that he can make sounds that bring him rewards, he beams proudly. Why can't we take a similar delight in the simple wonder of being alive? Our life is a great gift worth celebrating.
At least once each day, I will offer a quiet celebration of the miracle that is me.
Celebrate and have a pleasant Wednesday!
So eloquent.
ReplyDeleteAll thanks to Linda Picone
ReplyDelete