Last week I took a few things to the dry cleaners (3 pants, 4 shirts) and they heavily STARCHED everything; my pants were hard as a board. I was too much of a wuss to take them back and complain/I didn't really have much time, so I washed the $25 worth of dry cleaning right out of them and bitched to @Branigan for a few days.
In other news, Experience LSU is complete, printed, and delivered. For those of you who started reading The Canvas late, Experience LSU is the student handbook/survival guide for all new LSU students that they receive at orientation. I had to edit it in the fall and it's now complete - I couldn't be happier. I refuse to read it because I'm scared I'll notice a mistake, thousands of copies later.
This afternoon, I filed paperwork for a Student Government office. That's right - Nixon can't escape SGA. One of the Ambassadors is running for student body president and asked me to run on the ticket as the VP of the Graduate College Council. He promised me that we'd only meet with the graduate school once a month -- easy enough. The election process is very interesting here - most people running are connected on a ticket in some capacity, and voting takes place for multiple days. My first time to be involved in a campaign and not work on the election commission side.
Finally, I received my invitation today to the Newell-Richardson "To The Top" couples shower that will take place in a few weeks. A Southern Miss themed shower for them - of course; would expect nothing less. SMTTT!
Lupe Fiasco's The Show Goes On is stuck in my head. Title motivation, because I'm lazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment