Friday, February 17, 2012

Back in Action!

Thanks to all of my loyal followers who continue to read despite my absence from The Canvas. And I'll be honest, sometimes I'll post a picture or video when I don't really feel like writing a full post. Guilty.

Just a few updates.

1. We have selected our new orientation team for this summer. 27 all stars! I'm incredibly excited to work with them and see what this summer has to offer.

2. There are only 21 days until SROW!

3.I'm presenting at the SELU Leadership Conference in a few weeks. Just finished getting together the presentation and submitted it.

4. Mardi Gras break is here, friends. 41/2 days of a clear agenda. Going home Saturday - perhaps I can finally purchase a Paul's Pastry king cake. I argue that they are the best in the world - especially with my friends from Louisiana.

Also, tonight is the first retreat for the new orientation team. We took the StrengthsQuest last night and will debrief with it at the retreat. This is what the instrument told me my strengths were - in this order:

Discipline
Developer
Individualization
Consistency
Arranger

Basically I like organization, structure, tradition and HATE working in groups. No surprise there, Nixon.

PS: Shout out out to my friend, @SamSchott. When she interned at USA Today this summer, she wrote this Obituary for Whitney Houston. Basically, news outlets write the eulogy-type tributes for celebrities before they die so that they can go live with it immediately upon death reports. This sounds a little morbid, but it's Sam's claim to fame. And that makes me famous by association.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyy.

    Also I love that you took StrengthsQuest.
    I am:

    Discipline
    Input
    Achiever
    Competition
    Consistency

    ReplyDelete