Friday, October 21, 2011

Mardi Gras Mambo!

This morning I woke up at 8:00 to go purchase Mardi Gras beads for Dr. Holloway. He is the Grand Marshal in the Southern Miss Homecoming parade tomorrow. After multiple calls yesterday and GPS-ing my way to another part of Baton Rouge, I successfully found a box of black and gold beads. In October.

Tonight, I have overnight training for the new Ambassadors. Literally overnight - starting at 4:00 this evening. (Student Affairs is clearly not 9-5 - wouldn't have it any other way though). I'm excited about it. There are a lot of things planned and it should be a lot of fun. I'll leave from training around 6 in the morning and head to Hattiesburg.

I told @AshleyCang today that I've been waiting on Homecoming since last October. Seriously. There is nothing comparable to the pride and loyalty that you have for your Alma mater. It is such a rewarding feeling. Speaking of Alma mater, our cohort is having a photo shoot next week around campus wearing apparel from our undergraduate institutions. I'm assuming this is for the website. Clearly this calls for a new t-shirt that is perfectly golden, non dingy and represents Southern Miss. I'll try to do a little bargaining when I get to Hattiesburg this weekend and get one fo' free.

Oh yeah, I watched (or attempted to watch) Inception last night with my roommate and friends. Such a fail. I am notorious for falling asleep during movies. Even in the movie theater. Pathetic. Needless to say, I have no idea what was going on. Mainly because I was busy dreaming while they were dreaming.

Have a good Friday and a good weekend! #HC2k11TTT starts now... Or at 6:00 am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment