Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Everydays..

This weekend, the council members for the Ambassadors had a retreat in Ville Platte, LA. My boss and I drove over on Saturday and assisted with a few exercises. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING in Ville Platte. Not a thing. I've never really experienced much of Louisiana before moving here, so it was quite interesting. It was a very successful retreat - I gave a speech at the end of a very important and serious discussion and ended with 2 Oprah quotes. Doesn't get any better than that. On Sunday, the associate Ambassadors will officially receive their yellow polos and become active members of the organization. It's a really neat and formal tradition and, of course, it calls for my LSU tie from @Cang. I've been waiting to wear it.

Second semester of grad school is underway, folks. Tonight, I had Student Development Theory and I've concluded that it'll be the most boring (but extremely necessary) class during the entire program. I'm also taking Assessment & Evaluation this semester and then my practicum hours in the Health Promotion office - I start there tomorrow. Ps: This time next year, I will be applying for J-O-B-S! I can't even handle it.

I just got back from getting beignets at Coffee Call - literally a mound of them for like $2! I can't believe I'm just now discovering the place, six months after moving here. Perfect dessert on a grad student budget after a very basic tomato soup for dinner. Speaking of food, for the new year @Branigan and I are going to start having Pinterest-inspired dinners at least once a week. We'll be able to enjoy our pinned favorites and master them before sharing with others. Our friend Kaitlyn will also be joining us. I'll have to let y'all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment