I went back to work on Friday and worked on a few assignments in preparation for orientation this week and a few office changes. It was so good to be back in that normal routine with something to do. The Director of FYE came to the GA office to welcome us back from the break, but managed to get on the subject of the BCS championship tomorrow instead. He is an Alabama alum and will fight for them until the end (and did on Friday) - we engaged in friendly banter for a few minutes and then sent him on his way to accept defeat. Eeek. I hope we win tomorrow; I'll be eating my words if not.
On Saturday, I ran a few errands. Got my haircut at Choices, @PStafiej. #catchyacut. All of my barbers say that I look way younger than I am because I don't have facial hair - as they are shaving it off. They teasingly joke that I have a baby face and still look like a young teen. Yikes! I'm stuck in a rut here because, by all means, I will not grow hair on my face. It just...doesn't work. Whatever. What do they know? Pist.
I am also still looking for a church here. Yikes (again), I know. Fortunately, I was either at home, in Hattiesburg or working during Sundays last semester, so it worked out for the most part. I also have the @FirstHattiesburg sermons synced on iTunes. I just can't decide if I want to do black church or white church. Missionary Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, or nondenominational. Large congregation or small congregation. I'm being dramatic. Whatever. I'll continue to stalk First's website every week to hear Pastor Jeff.
60 days until SROW 2012 in Charlotte! I didn't count the days like an orientation maniac - it's on their FB page. Anyway, I've been working on a few presentation ideas. The theme is NASCAR, so I've been trying to build around that. I'll brainstorm some more and have ya'll vote on which proposal I should submit. SURPRISE: Student Affairs involves everyone whether you like it or not. It's all about collaboration.
I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. I went from Michelob Ultra to facial hair to church to SROW.
Have a great week!
NASCAR? Better call Kasey! She used to be an expert.
ReplyDeleteNASCAR indeed. I'm still waiting to attend a conference with an actual theme that makes sense. Remember your breast cancer idea for FBLA?
ReplyDelete