With the beach that is. Yesterday, I took a (very spontaneous) day trip to Orange Beach with a few friends from Hattiesburg. My original plan was to stay in the hub city for my last weekend as a resident, but when I got the text about a day trip to the beach, I immediately altered my schedule. So, at 7:45 Saturday morning, I drove over to sorority village to load up and we made our way to paradise. First time since summer 2009.
Swim trunks, check. iPod, check. Snacks and water, check. Beach toys, check. Duh. And most of all, wonderful friends, check. (Xs 5) - An excellent adventure it was.
We wrapped up our evening with a stop at the Shrimp Basket for dinner. We all ordered the same thing: shrimp. Wouldn't have it any other way. There was no talking at the table from the time the waitress delivered the meal until our checks came....Okay, I'm being dramatic. But really. We devoured the meal.
During our journey yesterday, we listened to an assortment of tunes. From Mariah Carey to Lynyrd Skynyrd to John Mayer. Even the Southern Miss fight song - a must. More importantly, we listened to the Lion King soundtrack during the long stretch from Loxley to Gulf Shores. If you have come that route, you know what I’m talking about. We were able to get into the zone with the wonderful melody that is Circle of Life. The soundtrack, of course, inspired us to watch the Lion King upon our arrival to Hattiesburg. That’s exactly how I spent my Sunday afternoon. Nothing like a Disney movie at the age of (almost - birthday in a few days) 22! I haven’t seen the movie in YEARS so it was a lot of fun to watch it again. Complete with orange Popsicles (proper noun..who knew?) for a treat - to signify Orange Beach maybe?
Must run. It’s laundry time. The last time I can do multiple (5 or 6) loads at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment