Sunday, July 24, 2011

Here We Go...

I have been asked for quite some time now to start a blog. I've refused for about 6 months and finally gave in earlier this week. I went to Blogspot to create an account and realized that I had created a "To the Top" blog about a year ago. Typical - I love my Southern Miss. I figured that since I'm about to start a new chapter in life (grad school at LSU; moving to Baton Rouge in about two weeks - stay tuned), it would be most appropriate. There is no certain theme to the blog. It'll cover everything from school to friends & family, to faith, politics and sports. Yes, sports. As a spectator, of course. I don't have an athletic bone in my body.

The Canvas. I like that title. I'll write a whole piece on it later. Another reason for my delay in creating the blog was due to my indecisiveness in choosing a title.

As most of you know, I am a major Oprah fan -- (You'll see a lot of her quotes on here). And at the beginning of every magazine, she has a section called "Here We Go" that outlines the magazine and gives a synopsis of the articles covered. I thought it was appropriate to start my first blog with that title.

Here we go. Read on, friends.

PS: One of my best friends, @AshleyCang introduced me to the Georgia font a few days ago. I have since become obsessed and will be using it throughout. This is a big deal, because @WFitts is a stickler for Tahoma and it's also a favorite.

4 comments:

  1. 1. Can't wait to read every word of this blog.
    2. I hope to see great athletic insights as well.
    3. Georgia is my preferred font. Great minds.
    4. "Here We Geaux" You know. LSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I, too, am particularly interested in the sports commentary :).

    Tahoma and Georgia are good fonts. Over in Student activities, we use Cambria and Rockwell a lot. Try those out if you are feeling frisky.

    Welcome to the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a fan of Helvetica. Different, as usual.

    Also, I'm ready for the sports commentary come Heisman season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write more.

    Personally, I am a fan of Calibri. Test it out.

    ReplyDelete