It's Homecoming Week at Southern Miss, friends! I cannot wait to return to Hattiesburg and enjoy all of the festivities in my black and gold. I haven't been To the Top since July, so it's definitely something to look forward to. Brett organized a tailgate tent for "folks our age" this year, and I have been dying to get to it and enjoy our own location. We have gotten too old to steal chicken tenders and desserts from all the sorority tents. It's gonna be great!
Yesterday, one of the guys from Southern Style 2009, Avery, was married in New Orleans. It was the perfect wedding for them -- I was so glad to be there and join them for it. It was also a time to catch up with some great friends that I don't get to see very often. After the wedding, we met other friends at Port of Call and then went to Jax in the French Quarter! I love that we can all pick up where we left off and enjoy each other's company and laughter no matter what.
Later this month, I'll be flying to Las Vegas for the NODAC conference with some staff from our office. We'll be there for a couple of days to hopefully connect with other orientation professionals from across the nation to gain some new perspectives about their programs while sharing information on ours. I've got some family there, too, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them while seeing what Sin City is all about.
Just a few pictures of what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks.
With the Family Weekend student planning committee.
Loved working with these student leaders.
While making our way around tailgates,
Paige and I ran into a few of our favorites.
Taking a break from creating our own dance moves.
(And by that, I mean Brett creating them and me watching.)
A few friends from Southern Style 2009.
Pretty good percentage considering we are all over the country these days.




No comments:
Post a Comment