Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer Hiatus.

One of my main goals when creating The Canvas was to post at least a few times a week. Slowly, that turned into a few times a month. Then once a month. And alas, here I am almost two months later with an update. I always joke with my friends about their blogs lacking an updated post; I don't think I have room to talk anymore.

Let's see.

Since June, I have successfully finished one of the busiest seasons of my graduate assistantship: Summer Orientation. It was such an eventful few weeks -- filled with lots of learning and growing. I am so thankful for that incredible opportunity. Although it seems like a blur because it went by so fast, I know that I will be able to tap into those memories for a lifetime. It is always rewarding to be reminded that this is the correct career choice.

I've also started the second year of grad school. This semester, I'm taking Higher Ed Law, College Students in the US, and Multicultural Counseling. All solid course options. I do, however, feel like it's still summer. Between Hurricane Isaac and Labor Day, my entire schedule has been thrown off. It'll take some getting used to for a few more weeks.

It's been really cool to welcome the newest students to our program and work with them to enhance their experience at LSU. They are from all over the country and have a bunch of ideas to bring to the table with everything we do.

Since my summer hiatus, I have also hosted my nephew for a week, celebrated my 23rd birthday in New Orleans with best friends [Zero pics. Pissed.], welcomed Southern Miss friends to Baton Rouge & LSU, attended weddings, celebrated engagements, celebrated my Baton Rouge-iversary, and helped my boss paint her new house. It's been a busy last few weeks (or months), but I've enjoyed it.

Tomorrow, I'm attending my first LSU football game. Pathetic, I know. But I'm looking forward to it. I've got a few tailgate stops, and then on to Tiger Stadium with about 90,000 others. Eeeekk.

Talk soon.


Downtown Baton Rouge with Paige. She's the newest addition to our office.
So glad to have you here. #tothetoptigers

At the Newell-yweds wedding reception on 7/21. (Jayson & Beth Newell)

With good friends from college. Representing a few years of Southern Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment