That's right folks -- I've decided to attend medical school in the Fall of 2014. Major change from Higher Ed, right? After all these years, I've found out that it's where my passion lies.
Actually, I'm lying. But I did start the Grey's Anatomy series last week and I'm already addicted to it. It's been a little slow around the office since Orientation is over for the Summer. So, between answering emails and attending meetings, I queue up my Netflix to watch drama unfold at Seattle Grace Hospital - and boy does it unfold. I have no idea how I've managed to let the last 7 years go by without watching it. Along with watching it like a champ comes the feeling of wanting to self-diagnose myself with all kinds of issues. I have to remind myself that I am not a doctor, and contrary to everything that Meredith Grey has taught me, a slight chest pain is not the onset of a heart attack. I'm already at episode 20 of season 2.
Aside from pretending to be surgeon, I've been prepping for the Newell nuptials in Biloxi this weekend. It is so weird to think that just a few years ago, we spent our Tuesday evenings in SGA Senate meetings making fun of the over-the-top students whose every breath was student government. Or Wednesday nights "swag surfin" at The SideStreet bar. Now, the kid is getting married. I'm certain it will prove to be a wonderful time -- pictures and stories to follow.
On my way from the wedding on Sunday, I'm gonna make a pitstop at home to pick up my six year old nephew for the week. He's been dying to come spend time at LSU, so I've got quite the itinerary planned for us. It's gonna be a blast! #bestuncleaward goes to: ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment