Friday, March 30, 2012

A Week of SPINning!

This week, LSU hosted its Spring Invitational program (SPIN). This program is for high school students with outstanding academic records - the cream of the crop.  I'm certain more than 1500 students and close to 1000 parents were in attendance this week - and it was such a success! It was great to experience a larger orientation program and see the inner workings from start to finish. Our staff is truly incredible and I appreciate them more and more each day. The passion and work ethic of the Ambassadors is a constant reminder that I am exactly where I need to be - doing exactly what I need to be doing.

Student Government elections were this week. Get this: I got a whopping 93 votes. So did the grad student running against me. Split 50/50. That's nearly unheard of -- but exciting at the same time. The runoff is next week..I'll keep y'all posted.

And finally (before I start rambling), I think I have a Spotify obsession. I have to listen to my playlists before being productive each morning. And by playlist, I mean We are Young and Knee Deep. Literally obsessed.



With Annu and Arenn, two of the Parent Orientation Leaders. 

1 comment:

  1. Everything about this makes me happy.
    So happy you have such clarity and reassurance of your purpose.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete