Ever been in a situation where you're productive with everything except for school related assignments? Well folks, that's me today! And yesterday. And last week. You get the picture. I have two papers and a take home final all due next week and was hoping to finish everything up by Sunday pm to avoid any academic obligations next week. Ain't happening.
Three major football games happening this weekend:
1. Picayune Maroon Tide, State Championship (MS)
2. Southern Miss Golden Eagles, Conference USA Championship
3. LSU Tigers, SEC Championship
How am I supposed to be productive during any of those games?
Speaking of Golden Eagle football, Congressman Palazzo represented Southern Miss on the US House of Representatives floor in DC this week. Take a look at this video and watch as he engages in friendly banter with Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, a University of Houston alumna.
Earlier today, our office had its annual Christmas luncheon at Cheesecake Bistro. What a wonderful time of fellowship and fun with people who constantly work to ensure student success! I am so grateful for them and their guidance throughout the semester. It was just the reminder continuous blessings during this holiday season.
Last night, my #LABFF @Maria came into town before departing for Houston today. We went out to dinner at Reginelli's immediately after class, as I was quite famished. It's a pizzeria right next to campus. I had a chicken salad focaccia sandwich. I know - why would I ever do that? I have missed Lenny's so much since moving to Baton Rouge and there are ZERO that are close by, so I had to have it. It was quite delicious with a slight Italian kick. I think it was the focaccia bread.
Now on to papers: 1. The Historical Trends of Minority Student Retention in Predominantly White Institutions and 2. An Exploration of Career Services: How to Prepare College Graduates for the Workforce. Actually, not yet.
Enjoy your weekend!
Kixon
No comments:
Post a Comment