Today has felt like Friday all day. I'm just that excited for the weekend.
This afternoon before I headed to work, my roommate and I chatted for a while in the kitchen about their wonderful night out on the town and my not-so-wonderful night in the books. Somehow we got on the subject of local restaurants, and all of a sudden she created this master restaurant list for me to complete and placed it on the fridge. My homework is to mark off everywhere I go. First location: Rotolo's Pizzeria. They have $4.99 calzones on Wednesday nights. So good.
Excellent week of classes. I really do love it here. On Tuesday night, as part of the weekly "get to know you more because we all love each other" introduction, our professor asked us to say one special thing about our previous institution. Everyone started talking about their wonderful sports and cool alumni - and I simply said, our motto is TO THE TOP. Everyone loved it. I was #winning, if you will. Our assistant actually talked about how everyone says it when he goes to conferences. A proud moment, indeed.
Tomorrow, I am making all of the graduate assistants in our department go to the LSU Dairy Store with me. Since LSU is an agriculture school, there are a lot of different & fun things that they do agriculturally. One of the best: a homemade ice cream shop on campus. Everyone has been talking about since I arrived so I'm planning a field trip for all of the GAs - whether they are ice cream fans or not.
Finally, I have received all kinds of mail this week. (We just got our new mailbox keys - I've been anxious for WEEKS) If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with snail mail. Sending and receiving. And it all came at the right time this week.

Rotolo's--official pizza of the Saints!
ReplyDeleteGreat Kyle. I'm glad you are holding up good. I didn't know how a small town Mississippi boy would manage in a big town like Baton Rouge. I'm sure you've altered some statistics somewhere.. Congrats Kyle! I'm so Proud of You!!!!
ReplyDelete