Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Moving on up to the east side. East Boyd, that is.

Perkins. Boyd. Highland. Burbank. Nicholson. All of the important street names in Baton Rouge that you MUST know. Where I come from, there is only one street name you need to know: Highway 11. That's it. Period. Even in Hattiesburg, there was just Hardy and 4th. Everything else didn't really matter. Except for Kimball, of course.

Greetings, friends! I have spent the last two days getting settled at my new apartment in the red stick! I can count on less than two hands the number of times I've been to Baton Rouge, but I already feel like a local. I have identified two Wal-Marts in a 3 mile stretch, Hobby Lobby, and Taco Bell. That's all a graduate student needs. But really, it's been pretty good getting adjusted to the area and finding my way around. The apartment is perfect. And my roommate, @KelliBran, is even more perfect. She is so helpful and knows everything. A real local.

Tomorrow, I will go over to campus (like 2 seconds away - love.) to meet with my boss and develop a master calendar for at least the next semester and try to get things in order. I will also get someone from my graduate cohort to show me different offices around campus. Where does one pick up a student id? Parking decal? Books? The list goes on, my friends.

I am also easing into the purple and gold apparel. Most of my birthday gifts were related to LSU in some way. The collection is growing!

Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the daily blog update. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you will be wearing that hideous attire. Just don't turn into one of "them", okay?

    ReplyDelete