Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Humility.

"Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life." - George Arliss 

Being humble is not the same as lacking confidence. Humility means acknowledging that we have limits, that we need support and guidance from others, that we cannot go it completely alone. We can have great confidence in ourselves while still understanding that it is impossible to be totally self-reliant in this complex, challenging, and rapidly changing world.

If we acknowledge that we can't manage everything by ourselves, we are more likely to ask for help from others -- and achieve success. 

I'm a competent person, but I know I can't do everything myself. I will not be shy about asking for help when I need it. 

An excerpt from my Daily Book of Positive Quotations. I love this thing. One of the best gifts to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment