Friends,
This has, in fact, been one of the busiest months of my life. We recently started the summer Orientation period at LSU and it has been such an adrenaline rush. I love everything about it, though. I've had an opportunity to learn and grow in so many ways these past few weeks. In some ways, I feel like it will be blur because it's happening so fast, but in other ways I am able to soak it all in and enjoy the moment.
Last week, Paige visited and shadowed Orientation (she'll be starting in our Parent & Family Programs office in the fall) and everyone loves her. I'm looking forward to seeing a few more Southern Miss faces around the Red Stick.
I went home on Saturday in (what seemed like a hurricane) bad weather to rejuvenate and recharge. I usually average a home visit once a month - and I definitely needed this one. It's so great to have such a supportive family and friend structure; it's so important to be reminded of that. We laughed for hours on end at the stupidest stuff -- and everyone knows that's my favorite.
A lot of the students have started to blog - some from their summer internships across the country, and others who are here in Baton Rouge. It's so funny to read about what's going on in their lives. It's even making me forget The Canvas some. I'll try to keep it updated.
Kelli and I are sitting at the kitchen table drinking wine and listening to music. She came up with the Champagne Shore title. (We're listening to Knee Deep.)
No comments:
Post a Comment