Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hell's Kitchen.

On Friday, I came home from work around noon - famished. In the literal sense of the word. I decided to make something quick and simple: cheese toast. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a Kraft single on a piece of bread -- easy enough. You'd be surprised at how many people had no idea what this was when I told the story on Friday night.

Anyway, I put two cheese toasts in the oven on about 350 degrees a little after 12. Then, I remembered that I needed to return a purchase at the mall and go get a haircut. So, I left - completely forgetting that my lunch was in the oven. I returned the shoes and got a haircut. You know, just trying to be Mr. Efficiency and utilize my time.

Two hours later, I made it all the way back to my side of Baton Rouge and remembered that I left cheese toast in the oven. You want to talk about FREAKOUT in the middle of traffic. Full panic mode. As drove through my neighborhood, I was certain that I would see gray smoke for days and firetrucks everywhere.

Instead, I came home to this..

  
I showed the picture to friends and they decided that it was Nutella on pumpernickel bread. Haha.

All of this to say...my life is in need of summer vacation immediately. Back to paper writing.

1 comment:

  1. I can just envision this full-on panic in Baton Rouge traffic. Total mental picture.

    ReplyDelete